Hey, guys, I have recently gone for some shopping at Sarojini Nagar Market for my summer clothing as winters are almost over, Also if you do not know what Sarojini Nagar market is? then let me enlighten you! Sarojini Nagar market is a hub for very very affordable and the most stylish clothes which are apparently rejected by brands and are available at extremely high discounts. Sarojini Nagar market is the biggest hub for export surplus clothes and accessories in New Delhi.
I have made a vlog as well of my Sarojini Nagar try on haul on my youtube, hope you have fun watching the video and I have created few looks for the same on this blog.
Tips and tricks for shopping Sarojini:
- Always carry a big tote bag with you and carry a water bottle and some edible items inside because you’ll tend to get hungry as you have to literally dig in the whole market to buy few pieces.
- Best way to reach Sarojini is to go by metro, get down at INA metro station and take an auto till market. Do not spend more than Rps. 30 on an auto if you are hiring it all alone. If you are in a group he will agree to take Rps. 10 each ( 3-4 person ) in one go.
- Bargain! Bargain!! Bargain!!! And a lot of bargain, because the shopkeeper will quote you an obnoxious price for an item which is not even worth that much money. And if you are going there for the first time you will actually end up buying that product at the same price quoted by them. Don’t fret by his quotation do some bargain.
- Do not get too excited on his face that you are dying to buy that product and he will quote you double what he was quoting before.
- FAKE WALK!!
If he is too stubborn to bargain do a fake wake, again if he is not willing to give you the product pass it. You’ll find the same piece is some different lane/shop for sure.
- Do not spend more than these as mentioned: Tops: INR 150, Maxi dress/Jumpsuit: INR200-250, Jeans/Pants etc INR 100-200-250, Chunky jewelry: INR100-150, Sweater: INR 150, Puffer Jacket: INR 300, Earrings: INR 30-300, Long Coats: INR 400- 500, Denim shirt/jackets: INR 200, Sunglasses: INR 150-300, Bags INR 250-600, Shoes INR 250-600.
- Take care of your belonging like phones, wallets etc as they tend to get lost in the crowd.
- Do not buy makeup they are all fake and it will harm your skin.
- Sarojini Nagar Market is open every day!! Even on a Monday.
- Happy Shopping!
Have a look at my Sarojini Nagar try on haul on my youtube, Hope you like it!! <3
Let me know in the comments below if you enjoyed reading this blog and my youtube vlog because I love going to Sarojini Nagar and making vlogs for you guys.
This is what I got from Sarojini Nagar Market: