After an insane month of traveling and exposing myself to changing environments and different water in various countries. My skin and hair both feel terrible. No matter how many expensive products you include in your regime, there are certain chemicals involved and even these tad bit of chemicals can do worse to the already bad hair and skin situation which is why I always bounce back to natural ways of healing.
Believe it/not – Your hair is one of your best features, and it is the first thing that people notice about you. Sadly, hair loss and thinning are at peak during monsoon and yes, you’re not alone. This is how it is with a majority of people out there- even I am no different. Blame it on the weather/ genes/ everyday stress/ the continuous trauma we have been putting our hair through straightening, curling, coloring, and so much more. Having said that, it is essential to treat the problem from the root. Hence, here’s a quick natural hair spray recipe- that’ll help you recover your hair’s natural volume and shine.
Recipe and Directions of use –
- Take a bowl filled with 1/2 cup distilled water
- Add 2 tablespoons aloe gel to the water and stir well.
- Once the aloe gel and water are thoroughly mixed. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil and mix it well.
- Take an empty spray bottle and pour your mixture into it, shake it well
- Spray it liberally on scalp and hair before going to bed
- Massage it well into your hair and tie a top knot and wear a shower cap to avoid any spilling/ leaving stains on your pillow as you sleep.
- Wake up and Shampoo the next morning.
Aloe vera and Coconut oil is a master combo when it comes to treating hair. Aloe vera, on one hand, is a popular ingredient that is known for making hair turn into smooth and shiny locks. It is also known for boosting hair growth. It helps promote healthy hair growth and makes hair frizz-free and shiny. Whereas on the other hand, Coconut oil nourishes, moisturizes and keeps scalp and hair healthy.
Apart from using this hair spray another major change I’ve made is that I’ve started using a wooden comb instead of a plastic comb. Every time you comb, it sorta gives you a mini massage which further helps increase blood flow allowing your hair to strengthen from the roots.
Do try out this hair mask and this little hack that I’ve shared and let me know if both of them/ either of them worked for you/not.
I’ll see you next time, BYE GUYS!